Old November 3rd 10, 05:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
smithcorp

Default Death of Peter Lanyon in 1964

Saw an article on the British artist Peter Lanyon, who was a glider
pilot from 1959 to 1964 and who died from the effects of a glider
crash in Devon on 27 August 1964 (he died three days later). His art
was strongly influenced by gliding.

I'd like to get more details on the circumstances of his crash (the
most detailed information I can find by googling is that he crashed
attempting a crosswind landing and his death was a surprise - his
injuries were possibly not severe, but he received a cut to a leg and
a blood clot associated with it carried him off). Anyone have any
ideas on how to track down information like this? Apparently he was a
member of Perranporth Gliding Club, but I can't find much from that
clue.

thanks in advance fro any help or information

smith