Old March 2nd 05, 03:45 AM

Eric's response added some good points and also made me think of one
other issue. When I had my Super Dimona, I tagged along on one week of
High Country Soaring's Great Basin Safari. While it was great, I
decided that I would do future safaris only with other touring motor
gliders. Why? When bad wx hit, the pure gliders and SLS's could trailer
their way out, while I could not. But, on the positive side, when bad
wx was forecast, I could change my destination by 500 nm or more in one
day, while the ground crews couldn't have kept up with that pace, esp
since my 500 nm straight line distance could easily be 750 using roads.

Martin