Old November 6th 03, 07:46 PM
Peter

Default FS2002 freezes up only with Hardeware Acceleration Engaged!

Can anyone advise? I just replaced a Dell P4, 2.4 ghz with ATI 9800
pro with a Gateway P4, 3.0 ghz, ATI 9600 pro. I never had problems on
the Dell but now FS2002 lasts about 10-20 minutes and then freezes the
computer.

I made a test by turning off "Hardeware Acceleration." FS looks
terrible but works just fine. I also tried uninstalling the joystick
but that wasn't the problem.

Is this evidence that I have a defective video card? I think this test
did lead me to replacing a bad card on a previous system. I haven't
had oppurtunity to update drivers, though they are new enought,
6/2003, I think.

thanks for any ideas and advice!

pete