Old April 19th 06, 06:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default Digital meters 3

"Steve Foley" wrote

OP did not ask about suitability of LCD display for aircraft use.

Let me re-post some of a post, several back.

Our engineer told me we should do two kinds of meter, one is flight
meters, second is engine meters.
Filght meter include: ALT, VSI, ASI, Horizon Gyro. Except gyro, these
vales are showed in analog display digital.
Engine meter: CHT, EHT, RPM, TEMP. PRESSURE,HOURS, FUEL CONSUME, VOLT.
AMP. They are showed in numeric display digital.

Some friends suggested usd corlor LCD. Control prices below USD1000.00.
It is impossible in China. We contacted with LCD dealer in China. They
quoted us USD380.00/pc for color LCD. It is too high.
Please recommand us exact prices and which company is suit for our
products.

When he says: "Some friends suggested usd corlor LCD.", is he not talking
about a display for his flight systems? I think that is pretty clear.
--
Jim in NC