Old October 30th 04, 10:51 PM
Kevin Darling

"Peter Duniho" wrote in message ...
"Mad Scientist Jr" wrote in message
om...
if you dig up the nat. geographic magazine from 1970, there are color
pictures that show full color graphics of a runway - this is years
before color video games began to appear. what system was this???

[...]
Early flight simulators include the pneumatically powered Link instrument
flight trainers, and visual trainers that used terrain models and a video
camera that was moved along the modeled terrain according to pilot inputs.

If I had to guess, I'd guess that the simulator depicted in the 1970
National Geographic issue is one of the television-based simulators.

I think you're probably right. Or perhaps it could've been an Evans &
Sutherland prototype. I believe they were just getting started around
then.

Kevin