Old February 26th 20, 01:14 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default John Deere Gator TX 2WD

On Tuesday, February 25, 2020 at 6:29:48 PM UTC-5, Dave Springford wrote:
My club has been using a 4 wheel 2WD gator for about 20 years and it now has over 6000 hours on the Hobbs meter. It is showing it's age, but still running like a Deere.

The biggest problem with the Gator is the noisy engine making it difficult for the wing walker to get the driver's attention. Other than that it has been a great tow vehicle and general all around workhorse at the club.

I have over 600 hrs on my personnel Gator CX model 2WD mostly at airports. It's perfect, you don't need 4WD
Glen