Old February 26th 20, 12:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Youngblood

Default John Deere Gator TX 2WD

On Tuesday, February 25, 2020 at 12:52:34 PM UTC-5, wrote:
Does anyone own one of these? Our glider club may be looking to replace a golf cart and I'm wondering if this would be a more durable solution. Primary use would be to tow gliders around the field. Does yours have enough low-end torque to tow a glider at a walking pace? How reliable has it been?

Thanks
Tom

I have a Kawasaki Mule 4010 that has worked well for using around my own airstrip and at the gliderport. They are all very handy because they have plenty of power and storage on the back for tail dollies and wing runner wheels. We also use a new 48 volt golf cart which we like very much, no engine noise comes in handy when towing gliders and giving directions to the helper on the wing. Don't sell those 48 volt carts short, they do a great job and last all day pulling gliders and doing handy travels around the glider area.