Old November 13th 03, 01:21 AM
Margy Natalie

Our Kennon cover also has the stiching giving out, but I'm not going to replace it
as the fabric is still quite good. Kennon offers a repair/refurbish program which
I'll get around to doing sooner or later.

Margy

"G.R. Patterson III" wrote:

Reid & Julie Baldwin wrote:

I am interested in finding out about other people's experiences with these
covers.

I had Kennon covers on my Cessna 150 for about 5 years. They were still in good
shape when I sold the plane. I bought Kennon covers for my Maule when I got it
in 1995. I had to replace the bungee cords once, some of the velcro is shot,
and the stitching is giving out. With winter coming on, I need to pick up a new
set. Looks like it'll be Kennon again.

In my experience, Bruce's is a bit higher. They also don't make the cowl-cap
type of nose cover that I prefer. I did buy a set of cowl plugs from Bruce back
in '95, but the little flags were beating up the paint on my cowl, so I cut
them off. Not too long after that, I tried to start the plane with the plugs in.
That was pretty spectacular. One plug was thrown over 100' - we never did find
it.

I also agree with Michelle's comments. Kennon fixes problems, even when you're
the one that made the mistake.

George Patterson
If you're not part of the solution, you can make a lot of money prolonging
the problem.