Old October 21st 04, 06:53 PM
Doodad

At 500 ft/min climb, use 2 min per 1,000 feet and figure out how long it
will take to get from airport elevation to cruise alt. Then knowning that
time and your climb groundspeed (or airspeed if that's all you have), you
can use your noggin or E-6B to calculate distance downrange at which you
will reach TOC.

Same thing for TOD. I like to use 3 minutes per 1000 feet because I like to
start my descent farther out and use 300-400 ft/min. Figure out how long
that will take, then figure out how far that is based on your descent
groundspeed. Add a couple of miles for reaching pattern alt just prior to
the airport area. Quick example is 7,000 ft descent to pattern alt will
take 21 minutes which at 120 knots groundspeed in descent is 42 miles + 2 =
44 miles from destination as TOD.

"Andrea da lontano" wrote in message
Hi everybody,

just a simple question: does anybody of you know a simple way of

calculating
the Top of Climb and Top o Descent points?
Thanks in advance for any useful hint.
Ciao

Andrea