Old February 28th 08, 11:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Gary Emerson

Default Cambridge GPS-Nav Model 20

wrote:
On Feb 28, 1:54 pm, JS wrote:
A dozen calls to CAI with no answer this week, no message....
Maybe those of us with instruments currently in for repair need to
look elsewhere?
Jim

On Feb 28, 9:50 am, wrote:

On Feb 28, 11:28 am, Tim Newport-Peace ] wrote:
I have heard that Cambridge have
ceased trading although for the moment new Keys are being made
available.
Tim Newport-Peace
"Indecision is the Key to Flexibility."
"Cambridge have ceased trading"
What does that mean?- Hide quoted text -

That is interesting to hear. I got my 302 back from them about two or
three weeks ago. I had sent it in for calibration and testing a while
back and never heard back from them. I finally decided to send Gary an
email to find out the status. He responded right away stating that it
was complete and that they were trying to contact me to resolve the
shipping charges to send it back. I had no problems with that, and I
immediately called to give them the billing info they needed. While I
was on the phone, I mentioned (politely) that no one from their
company had tried to contact me. For whatever reason, this person on
the phone (not Gary) became rather abrupt with an unflattering "tone
of voice". I had given them three different phone numbers along with
all my other contact info. I never received a call or a message from
them on any of the three phone numbers I provided. Yet this person
insisted calls were made. At the end of the call, I never got a "thank
you for your business" or a "we apologize for the miscommunication",
let alone a "good bye". This person just hung up the phone. I didn't
think much of it at the time since my 302 was on it's way back home,
but now that you're mentioning this here, I'm wondering if they're
having personel problems. To be honest, it wouldn't be the worst thing
if they replaced the person I had to deal with. It was certainly not
what I would call good customer relations.

I'm thankful Gary was the one doing the technical work and not the
person I spoke to.

Dave

I also sent in my 302 for calibration. Heard nothing and finally called
to find out that they "CLAIMED" they had tried to call me. They were
also waiting to return the unit.