Old November 4th 05, 01:19 AM
Ernest Christley

Default When Poorboys drill holes ...was: Drilling holes in steel tubing

wrote:
Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired wrote:

Only if he welded a bunch of salvaged and resharpened hacksaw blades
into the band.

BLADE! We don' need no steanking BLADE!

(Three 26" bicycle wheel rims driving a band of 1/2" steel strapping.
Friction-cut eighth-inch 4130 like going through warm butter.)

-R.S.Hoover

Hmmm...

I've got to cut some 1/2" 4130. (Yes you read that right. 1/2".
Charlie Vogelsong of Dillsburg Aeroplane works is the only place in
America that carries 4130 that thick, it seems.) It's part of a
bellcrank that raises the main gear in a Delta.

The boys have a few bikes that they've outgrown under the house.

How fast would I have to make that blade move?

(I'm looking to recover a title here 8*)

--
This is by far the hardest lesson about freedom. It goes against
instinct, and morality, to just sit back and watch people make