Old December 11th 06, 12:57 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Ameriprise Commercial with glider?

Jack wrote:
wrote:
Mitch wrote:
Does anyone have a good link to the Ameriprise commercial that features
a gal flying a glider? It pitches to the Baby Boomers and retirement.
(Only 8 more years at the ripe old age of 38 for me!) Cought my eye on
the boob tube tonight and I can't find a link anywhere.

Her name is Ruth Cook. It was filmed at Great Western Soaring School.
It is a DG505.

Is she an actress, or an faamasterpilot? What is oneofthose, anyway?

Jack

Hi soaring pilots! Ruth is an ordinary (?) commercial rated glider
pilot, originally from UK and a really nice person..
An faamasterpilot is a pilot that has been recognized by the FAA to
have 50 years or more
of safe flying and having made contributions to flying safety.The
candidate must have been recommended by pilots of repute and have a
spotless record dating back from the CAA days. If this pilot makes it
to April 1, 2007, it will be 60 years since Jack Kauffman
of Laister-Kauffman (LK10A) was April fooled and issued my Private
ticket. Some of you know me!