Old August 3rd 09, 08:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Al[_7_]

Default iPAQ 310 serial

On Jul 28, 5:57*am, John Orton wrote:
On Jul 28, 7:28*pm, "Paul Remde" wrote:

Hi,

Like everyone else, we were told that the iPAQ 310 did not have a serial
port. *But then someone found a double-secret serial port on the USB
connector. *The hardware is there. *It took us a long time to get it to work
though because it has some idiosyncrasies. *It requires an inline RS-232
voltage level converter and it works only at 9600 baud or higher. *. *That
is a bummer because it therefore doesn't work with a Cambridge 302 or LX
Colibri. *But it does work with EW microRecorders and LX products that work
at 9600 or 19200 baud. *Below are link to 2 new cables for use with the 310.
I have them in stock.

http://www.cumulus-soaring.com/godda...ttp://www.cumu...

I also have a new cable for use with the Bendix King AV8OR. *I have tested
it with the standard (smaller) AV8OR, but not the new large AV8OR. *The good
news is the AV8OR works at 4800 baud and has the brightest display I have
seen in a PDA/PNA.

http://www.cumulus-soaring.com/goddard.htm#AV8OR-PS5a-1

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

"Darryl Ramm" wrote in message

On Jul 27, 7:56 pm, "John Orton" wrote:

Hi

Does anyone have any info on what serial port is connected to the USB on
an
iPAQ 310/312.
I am trying to help setup one with XCsoar and feed in Flarm data as well.
have the Flarm data at the correct voltage levels but I can't work out
what
serial port the iPAQ thinks is there.

John
johnorto at gmail.com

Ah a trick question? The iPAQ 310 does not have a serial port. It is
USB only device.

You will likely want to use a serial over bluetooth connection to feed
it data. Many pilots are using the K6-Bt bluetooth adapter with the
310.

Darryl

Thanks guys particularly Paul and Andrej.

Anyone played with these?

http://www.aircable.net/support-serial3.html