Old July 10th 04, 09:04 PM
Roy Smith

Matt Young wrote:
The moral of the story - if your safety pilot isn't instrument rated,
make sure he knows exactly what is going on.

Even if he *is* instrument rated, you want to make sure you're both on
the same page. I always do a pre-flight briefing with my safety pilots
to make sure we both understand what we're expecting from each other.

BTW - is this the sort of thing I should file an ASRS report for?

Filing an ASRS form never hurts. Even if you don't think you did
anything wrong per-se, it gives the system feedback about safety-related
issues.