Old August 12th 06, 06:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Andrew Gideon

Default samll plane noise

On Fri, 11 Aug 2006 12:24:25 -0700, NW_Pilot wrote:

I like the sound of airplanes!!!

We're on a common departure route from KTEB (heading towards the SBJ VOR,
I believe). Because of traffic to/from KEWR, the small jets out of KTEB
are often held to about 2000' until around my town.

Some people complain. Others enjoy the occasional push out of the
airport. Most recognize that it's the price to be paid for (1) proximity
to multiple convenient airports and (2) civilization.

My 1-year-old, upon hearing any plane, looks for it in the sky and points
it out.

My 4-year-old is fascinated by the weird concept that these airplanes'
engines have their propellers on the inside.

The residents close in to KTEB do complain somewhat. But that airport has
been there longer than they - or their parents, in many cases - have been
alive. In fact, those towns postdate the airport.

Personally, were I in charge of the airport I'd offer a "what if" month.
For one month, no employees from those towns would be paid. No local
shopping would occur. No local restaurants would be used. No local goods
or services whatsoever.

- Andrew