Old October 11th 04, 06:29 PM
Orval Fairbairn

In article , Ray Toews wrote:

I measured a few others and they seem to be between 50 and 65
thousands thick, I am going to try spinning it on a lathe and forming
it that way but am not sure what alloy to use, I think 2024 but if
anybody knows it would be appreciated. I have searched on the net and
found nothing under propellor spinner. Does it have to be heat treated
after forming or is it better left soft.
I have a front plate which I will be matching to the spinner,,,,I know
it would probably be more advisable to just buy one but I like to try
new things and spin forming a new back plate sounds interesting.

5052 or 6061 would be more appropriate, as they are weldable. Use a low
temper, as the stuff will work harden.