Old March 31st 04, 04:09 PM
Mike Rapoport

"Dude" wrote in message
Hmm, You raise an interesting point. Why is it that no one is making

those
planes anymore? Does everyone want turbine singles and twins instead?

I have seen that convrting the 421 to a turbine is becoming popular.

I know that turbines are safer than pistons, but I always believed that

the
difference in accidents between the turbine and piston twins was more a
matter of training than engine reliability.

Its both. The relability of turbines is probably 10x greater than piston
engines so even if the pilots were the same, turbine accident statistics
would be a lot better.

Mike
MU-2