Old August 29th 18, 02:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
C-FFKQ (42)

Default Pre Pan-American and 2018 Canadian National Gliding Competition

On Tuesday, 28 August 2018 20:49:04 UTC-4, wrote:
Now, the FAA won't let us fly it in the US. Nothing we can do about that.

Yes there is. Check the October FAA clarification memo he

http://www.ssa.org/files/member/FAA%...7%20-%20Signed[2543].pdf

The original "guidance" memo from Gregory A. Davison of the FAA has been negated by this "clarification." Davison's interpretation has been refuted by this document.

Thanks, Mark. Unfortunately, my Twin Lark was put into Owner Maintenance Category in Canada before this notification, essentially stripping it of certification (and the data plate has been X'd out). FAA forbids such an aircraft from flying in the US; importing it to the US is also impossible.

http://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/civilaviatio...-6483.html#own
Third paragraph.