Old September 3rd 04, 10:47 AM
Cub Driver

This is particularly frustrating in that had I known the med was
not allowed, starting YESTERDAY I could have gone for a recreational pilots
certificate without a medical review, but now it's too late.

(You mean Sport Pilot. Recreational Pilots have a 3rd Class Medical.)

I don't read your situation to say that your medical has been denied.
Has it been denied, or is it just stalled pending further information?

Perhaps others can dive in here. I've seen references to Special
Issuance applciations being "withdrawn", but this isn't a special
issuance, and you haven't withdrawn it.

What exactly has happened here? Was there a denial? Is there a record
of this application at the FAA? Does it really exist, or was it
aborted?

Anyone?

all the best -- Dan Ford
email: (put Cubdriver in subject line)