Old October 11th 04, 08:48 PM
Tim Mara

easiest and best material to use is plain Phenolic sheet material.machines
easily, can be cut with a bandsaw or even saber saw, drills easily, sands
easily and comes in a variety of colors and base materials.....
I've made dozens of instrument panels from this material and can knock out a
simple flat panel like the Nimbus types easily in an evening with a band saw
and drum sander.....a flat sheet large enough for a Nimbus panel should cost
no more than about $20.00!
see www.mcmaster.com
page 3341
tim
www.wingsandwheels.com

"Bill Daniels" wrote in message
I'm planning the installation of a new Borgelt B50 to replace an old Pirol
vario. The Pirol used three 61mm holes so the 57mm B50 units won't fit
nor
will the G meter I'd planned to add. Arghhhh!

So, new panel time. Anybody got a new or used panel laying around?

If not, my choices seem to be:

A. A new panel from Shempp-Hirth or
B. Have one custom made by an outfit like Panel Pilot or
C. Make one myself.

I've made several panels and they are a LOT of work with a risk that the
part will be ruined at the last moment by the slip of a drill point.
(been
there - done that)

Bill Daniels