Old January 13th 05, 11:06 AM

David R. has almost the same advice I would have given based on our
experience. The only other things I have to offer a
Besides the static display, either encourage the organizers of the
airshow to include a flight demonstration using a volunteer and his
glider and the club's towplane, or if that doesn't work out (there are
some fairly onerous liability and certification requirements), ask that
a professional glider demonstration act be included. This way the
audience gets the advantage of seeing a glider up close on the ground,
and also in the air.
Secondly, if you contact the SSA they can provide you with some Soaring
literature to pass out. People like to be given something "free" and
it gives more exposure to our sport.
Lastly, it helps to have very enthusiastic and personable people
standing by at the static display to answer questions and help so
people can take pictures. Use lots of hand movements and whooshing
noises too. Open the spoilers every now and then so people can see
something moving on the glider.
Clay

David R. wrote:
If it is a static display:

1) set up a nice looking glider

2) Rope around the whole glider.

3) Support both wings off the ground so the people who ignore the

ropes
don't walk on a wingtip

4) Allow kids to sit in the glider only under direct supervision of a

club
member

5) Remove anything that is loose or can easily be removed from the

glider

6) Put the glider back in the trailer at night

7) Have small glossy cards with your clubs information available to

give to
kids and to potential members

8) Have at least two club members near the glider at all times.

9) Make it look fun and interesting.

Speaking from the experience of displaying my libelle at a local show

two
years ago.

Regards,

Dave r.

"DNewill" wrote in message
news
OK Gang - the airshow season is about to start - so what are the

"ten
things
to do / not to do" if our club gets involved in a summer airshow?
What is the best thing your club or commercial operation did?

Worst?

Thanks
dave newill