Old January 24th 12, 10:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
kirk.stant

Default Spot vs Spot Connect

Guy, that is pretty much it. *I've been using a SPOT1 since it first
came out, and once one gets used to the odd "switchology", it has
worked fine for me. *I haven't felt the need to be able to send text
messages other than the custom SPOT messages - the custom ones suit me
just fine and are pretty easy to set up.

My wife won't let me fly without it - that says it all!

Kirk
66

I'll just add that I think a SPOT and a PCAS (or better, eventually,
PowerFLARM) are just about a no-brainer as far as being mandatory XC
equipment. I'll fly without a radio, but I always take my MRX and
SPOT...

Kirk
66