Old January 25th 12, 02:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Karl Kunz

Default Spot vs Spot Connect

I have the Connect and must say it has been a real disappointment. overall this product was not very well tested before release. Battery usage is excessive, connection issues with the Bluetooth (required) are common, and the software (also required even to just start tracking) is buggy with a poor interface and has not been updated since they released it. If I had to do it all over again I would buy the Spot 2 as it would do everything I NEED with a much better user experience.

-karl