Old March 21st 12, 11:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Kimmo Hytoenen

Default Power FLARM question

Sean,
We already have some orders. Couple clubs will install this in
their entire fleet with FLARMs.
Please e-mail me your plane call-sign, and select your 4 digit BT
password, and your details. We will name your SoarTronic unit
according to your call-sign, so that it is easy to pair with your
computer device. I will inform you about the payment and
delivery. Tomorrow we will test the prototype for VHF radio
disturbances, and if the result is acceptable we will order factory
made PCBs and other components.

At 22:24 21 March 2012, Sean Fidler wrote:
Ill take one! 29 to go...

+1

On Wednesday, March 21, 2012 5:41:47 PM UTC-4, Kimmo

Hytoenen wrote:
We are developing a simple and low cost device (we named

it
SoarTronic to add Bluetooth communication of FLARM

traffic
information into European version of FLARM units. It also

allows
task declaration and log file download. It is connected into

RJ45
connector, and it draws operating voltage ( FLARM provides

for external
displays.

This is a nonprofit project we started to get FLARM traffic
information available in our club gliders. Since club members

have
many types of flight computers, Bluetooth was chosen as
communication method. Price for this device is 30 EUR +

delivery
from Finland.

If you think that this unit is useful with Power FLARM please

let me
know. We hope to get 30 orders to cover the cost. Enclosed

couple
links showing how to connect and use SoarTronic. These

videos
show XCSoar runnig in Android phone, but it should work

with any
device with BT, and with any flight computer SW.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7EkWwQhQzU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJPz65ePozo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WLD0td0pMo