Old November 19th 04, 01:46 AM
Slick

From what I have assumed; At a towered airport, the controllers are watching
out for you, so there doesn't have to be any pattern. The reason we normally
fly a pattern is so that everyone knows where to look to be safe. I've been
to a lot of different towered airports that have given me straight in or
single turn to final procedures. Of course I normally fly during low volume
times.
"Newps" wrote in message

In Soo wrote:
Hi pilots, I am new to the group and wanted to see if you guys hear
Non-standard ATC phraseology around places where you fly.
Our tower at Chander, AZ usually request us to report 2 mile base when
entering a traffic pattern. I thought the standard pattern entry was 45

downwind or final. If you have any non-standard phraseology or

clearance,
can you please let the group know?

There is no standard entry at a towered airport. The tower will tell
you how to enter the pattern. If he asks for a report that is usually
because he doesn't have radar.