Old April 28th 07, 10:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Thomas Borchert

Default Fuel Flow and Peak EGT

Kobra,

Does Cessna advocate running at peak EGT in cruise?

Absolutely. That's what they call "best economy" setting, as opposed to "best
power", which is 75 or so ROP.

I've always heard that running at peak
EGT is bad for the top end of the engine.

Have you, now? And the person(s) saying that have provided proof, numbers or
at least some kind of reasoning, I assume? Which goes how?

Don't fall for OWTs. The proper reaction to statements like that above is
"Show me the numbers!". If they can't, well, they're out. The LOP people can.

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)