Old December 20th 07, 09:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

Default aerobatic kit planes

Jim Stewart wrote in
:

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
Jim Stewart wrote in
:

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:

Gas, TIG, or MIG?

Ever tired one of these?
http://tinmantech.chainreactionweb.c...get_torch.php?

ca
rt= 6d2909f2ce99e469d433f5e400a72389

It's sooo much better than the best torch I tried before it.

This guy's site is well worth a browse around..
That's some coincidence. I was just at this
guy's site 10 minutes ago. I need a new set
of hoses for my Victor J-27 miniature torch
and his site was one of 2 or three that got a
google hit.

Now I'm sorely tempted to just buy the Meco
package.

They're very good and I follow his advice about making intermediate
sized by geting two, say #1 tips and drilling one out slightly to
have something between 1 and 2.

The Meco never ever pops. It's as light as a feather so it's like
using a pen. On the minus side your hand isn't too far from the fire
so it gets hot in there and also the tips are a little fat so getting
in cose to a tight spot is a little tough, bu it's not a huge
problem.

I went ahead and bought the Meco, along
with 00, 0, 1 (included) and 2 tips and
the lightweight hose. The hose will work
with the Victor, but I have a feeling I'll
be retiring it after I use the Meco. I
like your idea of making a #1.5 tip.

You might try a pair of TIG gloves for the
heat. Very comfortable and thin. I bought
a pair from Indiana Oxygen. They have the
best prices and service I've found anywhere
for generic welding supplies.

Oh OK, I've been using the usual big leather ones. I didn't know the tig
ones even existed. I'll get a pair next tim eI'm in the shop.

Bertie