Old May 25th 09, 02:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Vertical stabilizer wont come out (Asw-19)

On May 24, 7:30*pm, Dave Nadler wrote:
On May 24, 7:48*pm, wrote:

Hi,
* I was wondering if anyone experienced anything alike before and
might have any useful insights:
My vertical stabilizer on the Asw-19 has always been a problem when
being disassembled and has always required little more force to remove
than it was called for. Anyways, today I have assembled a glider and I
was unable to remove it again - we have spent close to 3 hours trying
to unhook it from a fin. Has anyone experienced anything similar
before? Any ideas? I’m afraid it wont let go without breaking the skin
on the fin and punching the locking pins out directly...

Thanks

GK

Um, the vertical stabilizer damn well better not come off...
Perhaps you mean the horizontal tailplane ???

- My mistake, I had a worst weekend of soaring when I finally made it
home to type this message... Horizontal.