Old April 1st 16, 03:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell[_4_]

Default IGC announces the 11-meter class

Dave Nadler wrote on 4/1/2016 6:58 AM:
Just in from the IGC!
The long-rumoured 11-meter class has been introduced.
From the IGC:

- Smaller and lighter gliders are more easily assembled by
aging glider pilots (especially those using walkers).

Bids are now being accepted for the first 11-meter world championships,
to be held in 2017.

As the owner of an 11 meter motorglider (with the short tips), I'm
pleased to know I'll have a class to fly it in. As an aging glider pilot
who still owns an 18 m motorglider, I can tell you that bad boy is
getting heavier and more awkward every year, though once in the air,
it's fabulous!

email me)