Old April 1st 16, 03:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean[_2_]

Default IGC announces the 11-meter class

Thanks Dave. This really is an exciting announcement! I congratulate the IGC in their bold move here today.

The first 11 meter class manufacturer has submitted the following video for our review.

Clearly, this new 11 m design concept possesses an entirely new level of control system harmony. Of course, the entirely new airfoil (of course) was developed over years of painstaking analysis of relevant flight data. This has resulted in a entirely new glider concept which really surpasses all current designs in cost, weight, complexity, cockpit comfort and of course, performance! Especially significant breakthroughs have been made in the area of pilot/crash safety.

This new 11m class design can even be towed by a small RC cub or perhaps even a large, well trained bird...

Impressive!

Behold and enjoy,

http://youtu.be/EyKslmoLKns