Old July 14th 19, 09:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default Flarm / Oudie issues

Hi Tim,

Go to the Flarm website and use the configuration tool
https://flarm.com/support/tools-software/flarm-configuration-tool/.

Log in if you have an account, if not, it might be good to do so. Enter
data applicable to your ship.Â* If I didn't know any better, I used the
defaults.Â* After running the tool, the flarmcfg.txt file was downloaded
automatically.

Place the flarmcfg.txt file in the root of an SD card or USB stick
whichever is applicable to your device.Â* Insert the device and power on
your device.Â* After the configuration is complete, remove the device.Â*
This should at least get you started.Â* I found initially that I got
alerts on my own glider which was very distracting.Â* The fix was, IIRC,
to go back to the default settings in the flarmcfg.txt file.

That should get you started.

Dan

On 7/14/2019 1:16 PM, Tim Taylor wrote:
Dan, please provide details of what you did. I have not had Flarm target ID’s on my Oudie since last August. I also can not add gliders to my buddy list.

--
Dan, 5J