Old August 2nd 20, 09:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Hartley Falbaum[_2_]

Default Stowable dolly for taxing by DG Flugzeugbau

On Sunday, August 2, 2020 at 5:09:33 AM UTC-4, wrote:
Hi,
Anyone has experience with this product?
I am thinking about using ot with DG600

https://www.dg-flugzeugbau.de/en/lib...ly-for-taxiing

I have one - I got it when I got my DG808CCompetition in late 2007. I have yet to use it. My wingtip wheels are standard Inline skate wheels in the DG made housing. To use the accessory wheel, you would put it on to taxi, then stop the engine, get out, remove the wheel, get back in and start the engine, and launch! The wheel is larger than a inline skate wheel, and is mounted on a arm so the wing is well off the ground. So, looks good on paper--that is why I bought it. But in practice, a pain in the neck. The DG 400 wingtip wheels are on the other hand, not really adequate for taxiing.
Hartley Falbaum
DG808C Comp
"KF"
Georgia USA