Old November 28th 04, 02:04 PM
Dan Luke

"Chuck" wrote:
But since then, another very experienced A&P has told me that
fixed-pitch props are never "balanced". This guy told me that balance
jobs are done on constant-speed props and not fixed-pitch.

Are you sure you understood him correctly? If so, you need to stay away
from this guy.

[snip]

I ask because it would take a week to get the equipment in and of
course, cost several hundred for the prop balance. I'd hate to spend
that money and still have the vibration problem.

Might happen, but the prop should be dynamically balanced, anyway. For
the money, it's one of the best things you can do for your airplane. An
out-of-balance prop can have all sorts of bad effects on the airframe,
engine, avionics, etc.
--
Dan
C172RG at BFM