Old July 29th 03, 02:00 AM
Dave Hyde

Big John wrote:

They had them on the T-39 which I flew a little. Seemed to work ok on
the light transport.

Was it the T-39 that had them in sections, like 2 per wing, so
that there were four altogether that could deploy at seemingly random
intervals? g

Was summer time and some turblance and slats kept banging in and out
against stops.

Gouge in the A-4 was that 1/2 slat extension was on-speed AOA in the
landing configuration. I never saw an AOA failure (very little time
in 'em, all in the back seat of T's), but I understand it could be
worked into your scan with some difficulty.

Dave 'swivelneck' Hyde