Old January 7th 05, 05:45 AM
Jim Phoenix

Yes, they do have a program letter. All experimentals do - except for some
"show compliance" experimental certificates. See excerpt from the 8130.2F:

11/5/2004 8130.2F
Page 161

153. ISSUANCE OF EXPERIMENTAL AMATEUR-BUILT OPERATING LIMITATIONS.

etc., etc.

At the FSDO, your Ops Limitations come from a boilerplate generator in the
computer. The Inspector simply fills in the variables in the Word template.
Any variation from the Order (8130.2F) must be justified and approved
through the FSDO and AVR chain of command. A lengthy and perhaps not always
successful endeavour I can tell you, unless you have some very good reason
for requesting what they call "non-standard language".

It has been done.

Jim.

"Michael McNulty" wrote in message

snip

By the way, and someone correct me if I'm wrong, I don't think that
homebuilts (Experimental, Amateur Built airworthiness) have a program
letter requirement. They do have other restrictions, however.