Old March 24th 05, 02:24 PM
Phormer Phighter Phlyer

mark johnston wrote:
When refueling using the probe and drogue system, is it commonplace to have
fuel leakage from the drogue? At my day job, we have a foreign customer
asking about the resistance of an engine to fuel ingestion during refueling.
Apparently it is something of a problem for them, but they have not been
able to give us any specifics.

I thought someone here may have some real world experience they could share.
Do you get a brief mist of fuel when you disconnect? ... or can you
experience an continual "dribble" down the probe during the transfer? Any
info or war stories would be helpful.

Regards,

Mark Johnston

May get a wee bit when you pull out but no leakage when refueling.