Old September 12th 05, 12:04 PM
Dahlin

I agree with Hai and highly recommend Bill. He's not crazy ( well maybe a
little ) but is not afraid of training in actual weather. If you live up
here in the northeast I think it would be a great benefit to train here, in
possible ice, to get the experience with someone who can really build your
confidence in dealing with weather. Don Dahlin

"Longworth" wrote in message
oups.com...

Dave,
I highly recommend Bill Zalkesi at Schenectady 518-388-8563

www.instrumentratings.com

My husband and I took his accelerated IFR training course last May.
Rick had about 15 or so hrs of dual IFR and I only had 5hrs or so from
the primary training. We both passed our written exams and had quite a
few hours practicing with each other as safety piots & Elite sims time
before signing up with Bill. After 5 days, Bill convinced us to take
the checkrides which we passed 2 days later. Bill is a very
experienced instructor & an enthusiastic aviator. He will try to get
his students to pass the checkride and at the same time try to teach
all the tips and techniques to ensure that his students will be
competent instrument pilots.
Since our checkrides Memorial weekend, we had flown over 50hrs
covering two long cross-country trips (2000nm and 3200nm RT) with at
least 10hrs in IMC. We only spent one short week with Bill but felt
that he had imparted so much instrument flying knowledge and wisdom to
absorb for many more months and years of safe instrument flying.

Hai Longworth