Old July 28th 06, 04:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jose[_1_]

Default OT rifle caliber (was Why GA is Dying)

Ok, what do the numbers mean? I've heard of a "thirty ought six" referring to a gun, and think I know one of them (.30 inches?) refers to the gauge (width of the bullet). What's the other?

The year, 1906.

Interesting. Can you name any other bullets with this name format that
are as well known as the thirty ought six? What's so special about this
one?

Jose
--
The monkey turns the crank and thinks he's making the music.