Old September 23rd 08, 02:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JJ Sinclair

Default Rules Committee

Well said, Kemo Soby
JJ

Karl Striedieck wrote:
By the looks of Sam's blog and the"poll" on it Sam gives the appearance of a
one-issue candidate with a self interest in that issue. The rules committee
operation over the last 16 years, while not perfect, has provided US
competition pilots excellent service. One reason for this is that the voters
have elected members without a narrow agenda who were also congenial and had
a good grasp of the practical aspects of competition. (Concerning the
latter, it is interesting to note that more than 90% of the rules committee
members have been engineers!)

Additionally, I believe if Sam's agenda for the sports class were adopted we
would see the crippling of the most popular class in the US with the further
reduction of the talent pool for selection to the club class world
competitions.

Karl Striedieck

"Sam Giltner" wrote in message
I am currently running for the rules committee. The polls close on October
the 8th. I have created a blog so you will have the opportunity to know me
better as a potential member.
My intent is to provide you with the opportunity to express your concerns
about soaring issues. Check it out: www.5ugly.blogspot.com Thanks, Sam