Old May 12th 09, 12:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
sisu1a

Default Spin recovery vs tail design

Interesting noone has mentiond flap setting yet - setting the flaps
negative is by far the best way to quicken up the spin recovery.

Actually flap settings are touched on in my first $0.02 I pitched in 9
posts ago... although I make no mention of negative flaps I simply
state that retracting them hastens the recovery process in it, and
that it was probably not specific to V tails... The Fowler flaps on my
Sisu had 0-20 deg, but no neg... but- flap setting as a concept was at
least mentioned

Feeling like I only pitched in $0.04 (OK, maybe $0.05), but for an
actual price of $0.06,
-Paul