Old February 8th 20, 07:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Patsy Tighe

Default FARs, We don't need any stinkin' FARs!

This BOLD thrill seeker sure has a lot of fun; I hope he lives to be
an OLD airman.

I FLEW MY AIRPLANE TO 17000 FEET!

Jul 16, 2019

Jonas Marcinko

I took a trip to New Mexico and filmed along the way and on the way
back I was able to reach 17000 Feet in my Capella aircraft. I was on
supplemental oxygen during my time over 12500 ft. My Capella has a
Rotax 912 engine. it is a tailwheel airplane.
https://youtu.be/ObygtveJrhc

At 9:09 minutes into the video have a look at his altimeter. I don't
see any evidence of O2 equipment.

At this point in his video [9:51]: https://youtu.be/ObygtveJrhc?t=591
he would appear to be in violation of:

https://www.ecfr.gov/cgi-bin/text-id...1.3.10&idno=14
Code of Federal Regulations
§91.155 Basic VFR weather minimums.
PART 91—GENERAL OPERATING AND FLIGHT RULES

(a) Except as provided in paragraph (b) of this section and §91.157
[Special VFR], no person may operate an aircraft under VFR when the
flight visibility is less, or at a distance from clouds that is less,
than that prescribed for the corresponding altitude and class of
airspace in the following table:

Class G:
More than 1,200 feet above the surface and at or above 10,000 feet MSL
Flight visibility: 5 statute miles
Distance from clouds:
1,000 feet below.
1,000 feet above.
1 statute mile horizontal.
---------------------

JONAS LEE MARCINKO

382 E 475 N
FIRTH ID 83236-1216
County: BINGHAM
Country: USA
Medical Information:
Medical Class: Third Medical Date: 8/2017
BasicMed Course Date: None BasicMed CMEC Date: None
Certificates
PRIVATE PILOT
Certificates Description
Certificate: PRIVATE PILOT
Date of Issue: 4/4/2015

Ratings:
PRIVATE PILOT
AIRPLANE SINGLE ENGINE LAND

Limits:
-------------------

https://registry.faa.gov/aircraftinq...umbertxt=7143A

FAA REGISTRY
N-Number Inquiry Results
N7143A has Assigned/Multiple Records
Data Updated each Federal Working Day at Midnight

Aircraft Description
Serial Number 027 Status Valid
Manufacturer Name JONAS MARCINKO Certificate Issue Date
11/25/2014
Model XLS Expiration Date 11/30/2020
Type Aircraft Fixed Wing Single-Engine Type Engine 4
Cycle
Pending Number Change None Dealer No
Date Change Authorized None Mode S Code (base 8 / oct) 52306653
MFR Year 2014 Mode S Code (base 16 / hex) A98DAB
Type Registration LLC Fractional Owner NO
Registered Owner
Name MARCINKO HOLDINGS LLC
Street 121 WISCONSIN AVE STE 101

City WHITEFISH State MONTANA
County FLATHEAD Zip Code 59937-2304
Country UNITED STATES
Airworthiness
Engine Manufacturer ROTAX Classification Experimental
Engine Model 912UL SERIES Category Amateur Built
A/W Date 12/21/2014 Exception Code No