Old August 17th 04, 05:03 AM
J Haggerty

Default where to ask question about approach?

I went to look up the procedures for this airport, and there are no
instrument procedures listed. KPJY = Pinckneyville-Du Quoin in IL?
You can ask for a procedure by going to this FAA website;
http://avn.faa.gov/index.asp?xml=ifp/index

JPH

Snowbird wrote:
OK, call me slow, but I only just learned that the PJY
GPS 18 and GPS 36 approaches have been notamed NA.

Ostensibly, the reason is that both approaches used
the PJY NDB for the MAHP, and the PJY NDB has been
decomissioned (high time -- it was flaky for years
and unreliable the rest of the time).

However, neither approach was "ADF required", both
relied on the GPS to locate the MAHP. It would seem
a very simple matter to define a GPS waypoint at
the same location where the PJY NDB had to be and
get them up and running again.

So I'd like to know, where does one direct questions
about instrument approaches (like, is this in the works?
and what's holding it up?)

Best,
Sydney