Old October 21st 14, 12:24 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Where is the LX S80?

On Friday, October 10, 2014 3:50:54 AM UTC+11, wrote:
Excellent questions and observations.

I am focused on the S80 and Butterfly primarily because they have an artificial horizon but also would like a unit that can filter out horizontal gusts that cause me/us to think we have entered a strong thermal. It also would seem that the instantaneous wind readings would be very helpful when flying convergence lines.

You have a built in filter that can eliminate false readings due to gusts. It's called your backside. If you can't feel the acceleration, it's not there.