Old December 2nd 03, 04:36 PM
Aaron Coolidge

ROBIN FLY wrote:
: but radio communications are always loud and clear. My only complaint is that
: background noise comes through mikes when anyone speaks. I only connect
: headsets with occupants to the intercom, and most times only 2 headsets are
: connected. My reason is that 2 connected headsets would have only 50% of noise
: of 4 connected headsets because the single squelch circuit opens all connected
: mikes when the squelch breaks.

Robin, you might want to try some different headsets. I've got an old Telex
single-squelch intercom, similar to yours. When I use it with my headsets,
the background noise is quite reasonable.
I have one friend who insists on using his old headset. When he plugs in,
his headset picks up such an inordinate amount of background noise that
it makes conversation almost impossible. With the single squelch intercom
I have, whenever anyone talks his mic is open, so we all get drowned out.
When I can get him to use one of my headsets, the problem goes away.

--
Aaron Coolidge (N9376J)