Old November 1st 03, 07:35 AM
user

Ok Bob,
CNT stands for "certified Navy twill" which was actually 100%
polyester, certainly not suitable for shipboard use, kinda melts on ya
if it ever burned and they were hard to clean and had to be pressed
all the time. Poly-Wools are 75% polyester and 25% wool, and have the
creases glued in, so ya just wash and dry them and shake em out pretty
well and they look ok. There were some problems when the first
poly-wools first came out, like the glue falling out of the creases
and the threads coming undone, plus you smelt like a wet rat if you
got rained on. And the fit was a little different. But they fixed
them, and they are ok now, in my opinion.
(By the way, is that command you have in connection with your name a
joke? FAETULANT??? Sounds like "FLATULANT" haha!!! Hey I was a VP
perdiem puke for 12 years outta my 18 year enlisted career, but a few
generations after you were. P-3C's, all versions, then Prowlers and
EP-3E SSIP/ JMOD as a CWO.)

On Sat, 01 Nov 2003 00:41:48 GMT, Robert Moore
wrote:

user wrote

CNT's??? I wore them for the first 4 years of wearing khakis,
(94-98), but they have since been replaced by Poly-Wools, for
about 5 years now. While CNT's are still authorized, the newer
poly-wools are much more comfortable, they keep you warmer in
cold weather and breath more in hot weather, plus they are much
more servicable, they are wash and wear.

What are CNTs?? Describe Poly-Wools please. Perhaps I wouldn't
recognize a Naval Officer if I were to meet one! :-)

Bob Moore
LT USNR 1958-1967
VP-21 FAETULANT VP-46