Old March 15th 20, 11:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Roy B.

Default L 33 Solo Gliders

The all metal thing is a big + no gelcoat issues!
So at this point the L33, Libelle, Astir and Jantar are on our short list.

Nick:
You might want to open that list up to include the Pilatus B-4. There are 3 for sale on W&W right now. There is a guy in France who supports it with parts and information, they are Swiss made and hold value well, similar in performance to the L-33 but with retractable gear, and handle and feel much like the std. Grob/Astir. Our club has a 1-26, a 1-34, an L-33 and a B-4. The B-4 is the most popular of the 4 ships for early XC.
There is an AD on cracking at the front bulkhead but most have complied with that by now.
ROY