Old July 9th 03, 10:30 AM
Cub Driver

Default Got my ticket... now what?

I don't know about you, but for me, the best part about flying is going
to new places. There's something very unique about flying to someplace
new, dropping out of the sky and plopping down. You get a different
feeling about a place when you arrive there by plane - even if it's a
place you have been to before,

That's what I loved about skiing in Europe, and ski-touring in this
hemisphere. The greatest hoot was taking the bus from Chamonix to
Cervinia in Italy, then skiing over the hump to Zermatt. When we took
the train down out of Zermatt, I wondered how many people had ever
taken it outbound (downbound?) on their first trip.

Flying is a bit like that. Especially when the folks on the other end
make a big deal about it. In the Cub, that does happen from time to
time. You needn't go far to feel like one of the great explorers.

all the best -- Dan Ford
email: www.danford.net/letters.htm#9

see the Warbird's Forum at http://www.danford.net/index.htm
Vietnam | Flying Tigers | Pacific War | Brewster Buffalo | Piper Cub