Old July 18th 06, 09:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Henryk Birecki

Default Microair Mic Problem

I keep hearing of problems with Microair radios, but mine worked
flawlessly for the past six years, or maybe rather 5 as the first year
I was fussing with home built mike system. No problems since I got the
Microair boom mike.

The only "problem" I ever experienced is related to battery. As the
battery goes down you reach a point that you receive just fine, but
there is no transmission. I cannot compare sensitivity to battery
charge of Microair radio to others, but I bet it is not significantly
different.

In case o significant problems, first thing I'd check is antenna
connection and antenna tuning.

Henryk Birecki

"palombian" j@w wrote:

I have a MicroAir 760 for 5 years in my glider and another club member
before me
Never problems

JW

wrote in message
roups.com...
We have a Microair in our glider. It has never worked properly in
spite of a round-trip to Oz. We have given up on it, and now use hand
helds.

Cheers anyway, Charles