Old April 23rd 07, 01:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Jack Allison

Default Sun N Fun '07 Redux

Jay Honeck wrote:
Mary and I just returned from 6 glorious days at Sun N Fun in
Lakeland, FL, where we enjoyed the most amazingly perfect weather I
have ever seen at such an event. The nights were cool (almost cold
the first few nights) -- perfect for sleeping -- and the days were
sunny and warm. No humidity, no bugs, no alligators -- just lots and
lots of aircraft!

Yeah, go ahead, rub it in...no, wait, you already did that...in my case,
twice! :-)

- The single-engine PiperJet is very, very cool. Given the inherent
reliability of jet engines, I don't know why that single-engine-in-the-
tail configuration hasn't been tried yet.

Did they have the mock-up on display? Saw it at the AOPA convention in
Palm Springs and it was very cool to see.

- Coolest overflight of the week -- Kyle(?) Franklin flying aerobatics
in a Twin Beech (really!) came over our campsite at MAYBE 50 AGL. I
*felt* the overflight as much as heard/saw it -- and also (hopefully)
captured it on video tape!

Looking forward to the footage. Sounds *very* cool.

The food at SNF continues to be head-and-shoulders above Oshkosh.

Doesn't take much to get above Oshkosh in terms of on-site food.

Best of all,
there was a real, live SALAD BAR on the field, which meant that -- for
at least one meal -- you didn't have to eat deep-fried-greasy food.

Hmmm, did you partake of said salad bar vs. deep-fried-greasy?

Thanks to Montblack (for keeping an eye on our kids while were gone)

Are you sure it wasn't the other way around? Perhaps the "Black" half
of the duo from the Twin Cities conveniently arranged to send "Mont"
your way and paid the kids a handsome price to watch him for a week :-)

it was a great time, and we met a lot of fantastic people -- many from
this very newsgroup. Our taste has been wetted for OSH, and we can't
wait for July!

Heh...3 months baby!

--
Jack Allison
PP-ASEL-Instrument Airplane

"To become a Jedi knight, you must master a single force. To become
a private pilot you must strive to master four of them"
- Rod Machado