Old March 16th 15, 04:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Daly[_2_]

Default PowerFlarm Update?

I waited a day or two to see if there were reported problems - no comments from those who updated "on the bleeding edge", so I decided to do the update.

I've just finished updating my CORE; first the new PowerFLARM firmware, 6.0; then updated my flarmcfg.txt file with the new lines and put it in; then found the new Butterfly Display 3.4 firmware, loaded it; then the newest FLARMnet file (002daf.bfn) and put it in. Took about an hour, including finding the new Butterfly software ( http://www.air-avionics.com/air/inde...stomer-support (http://www.air-avionics.com/support/bfd_3_4.bfw )) - if you look on the powerflarm.aero page (which I did initially), it may not be there - I reported this, and they are working on updating it so it appears in both places (got an answer back in 28 minutes, which is by any standard great technical support).

I turned the system off after each step. Very painless. I now am sitting down to update the club flarms, which should take about 20 minutes, including changing their flarmcfg.txt files... that's a whole teapot full, I reckon.